There are many important aspects of Leadership Rockford – one of which is to develop relationships with your fellow participants. Spend time with your fellow classmates on this optional trip to Chicago (As a note, this trip replaces our end of the year trip to Springfield). RSVPs are required by October 13.
7:30am: Qualities of Leadership Session
9:45am: Depart from Rockford University 5100 Parking Lot
11:45am: Arrive in downtown Chicago – Lou Malnati’s (1120 N State St)
12:00pm: Group 1 Food Planet Tour
12:30pm: Group 2 Food Planet Tour
1:00pm: Group 3 Food Planet Tour
3:00-4:00pm: Tour ends – Delightful Pastries (1710 N. Wells St.)
4:15pm: Depart for Rockford
6:15pm: Estimated Arrival in Rockford
A few notes:
- Each tour is 3 hours long so you will have a little time to kill either before or after (or both) your tour. There are plenty of things to see within a few blocks of our drop off and pick up points. You will, however, want to pay attention to time so you don’t miss your tour or ride home!
- Tours will cover approximately 1.5 miles of walking. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes – business dress not required (or even recommended). Dress casually with appropriate footwear. Seating at locations will be limited.
- The tour will include stops & tasting at:
- Lou Malnati’s
- The Spice House
- La Fournette
- Kamehachi Old Town
- Old Town Oil
- Tea Gschwendner
- The Fudge Pot
- Please let Caitlin know as soon as possible if you have allergies or food sensitivities.
- Limited beverages & light snacks will be available on the bus for the ride home.